Grant Scheme for inter-municipal projects that will develop socio-economic potentials in local municipalities in the Danube Serbia Region designed and implemented.
- Development of a grant scheme to enable socio-economic development of the Danube Serbia Region mainly through value chains, supply chains and clusters, training and Employment
- Hold information seminars for interested parties
- Support preparation of grant application and launching procedure for implementation of grant scheme Implementation of grant scheme through one call for proposals (minimal value of project will be 100.000 euro, while maximal value will be 300.000 euro; applicants are obliged to co-finance their project with minimum 10% of the project value).
- Holding project preparation practical workshops in order to support potential applicants in drafting grant applications
- Evaluation of received grant applications
- Implementation of selected projects
- Deliver training in grant management to local municipalities and other relevant local/regional stakeholder
- Monitor progress of project implementation
In November 2012 SEDDSR launched call for proposals for projects to be funded from this Grant Scheme. The deadline for submitting project proposals was 28 February 2013. SEDDSR organized a number of info and training sessions on Grant Scheme proposal writing.
The global objective of the Grant Scheme is to promote socio-economic development in the ‘Danube-Serbia region’ and contribute to the objectives of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region.
The specific objective of the Grant Scheme is to strengthen the attractiveness of the ‘Danube-Serbia region’ as a place for business and tourism.
In order to receive grants applicants are supposed to submit projects that fall under one of the following priorities:
- Development of businesses in the ‘Danube-Serbia region’ in the sectors of tourism, environment, food-processing and handicrafts
- Better match of skills and knowledge with the need of the economy of the ‘Danube-Serbia region’ in the sectors of tourism, environment, food-processing and handicrafts
- Effective use of cultural and tourism assets of the ‘Danube-Serbia region’ as drivers of socio-economic development
This Grant Scheme was open for project proposals coming from different non-profit organisations such as local and provincial authorities, regional development agencies, SMEs development agencies, chambers of commerce, tourist organisations and civil society organisations
Total value of the Grant Scheme was €3,300,801.65
For the design and implementation of this grant scheme, ADA performed all technical expert roles and acted as contracting authority and is monitoring the project progress on a regular basis.
Out of 105 received applications 17 grant scheme proposals were selected and recommended for funding. Grants were awarded by 22nd of July 2013 and their implementation started on of September 2013
List of awarded projects can be seen HERE.