Enhanced socio-economic development and generation of new employment opportunities in local municipalities by improving environment and tourism management along the Danube river through development of new practices and capacities in relation to environment, tourism and potentially SMEs development
- Preparation of the analysis of development needs of referenced area and recommend measures for improvement of environment and tourism management practices
- According to the latest consultations with the Serbian Government the focus of this project would not be agriculture but more environment and tourism, based on the Danube Strategy document.
- Provide assistance to the municipalities in preparing and implementing SME measures that contribute to local economic development (e.g. support the establishment of the Local Economic Service Centres within municipalities in order to improve the quality of business support services in selected municipalities etc.)
- Preparation and delivery of different assistance packages consisting of wide ranging training, advice, exchange visits, business to business meetings, forums, international conferences, etc in order to support networking, marketing, elaboration of good practice examples etc. related to, environmental protection, and tourism for employees of municipalities, RDAs, professional associations, CSO etc.
In respect to Component 1 and its objectives SEDDSR so far conducted activities including following:
- Revision of the 2007 study “Danube Serbia: Building a European Gateway, Challenges and Opportunities”. New version of this Study can be found HERE.
- Presentation and discussion about the Study with the Working Group for Cooperation with the EU in the Danube Region
- Elaboration of a summary of the Danube Serbia study for hand out
- Elaboration of a immediate, short, mid, long term action plan for the Danube Serbia on demand of Government of Serbia.